February Fitness and Food Challenge
This month we have a duo challenge where I will challenge you to incorporate more fitness and variety of movement within your day and fuelling your body with delicious plant based meals.
Check out the latest food recipe for this month Sweet Potato Boats.
The main fitness focus this week will be our glutes and legs. If you have some hand weights or a band, this will increase the intensity otherwise use your very own body weight.
Squats 25 per day, 5 first thing in the morning when you wake up, 5 before you go to work, 5 at your mid morning tea break, 5 at lunch time and 5 when you get home. Otherwise you can do them all in a row.
- Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out.
- Always stabilise your feet so they are engaged and toes pressing into the earth
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider.
- Engage your core, inhale and slowly sit back and down like you're sitting into an imaginary chair. If unstable you can use a fit ball up against a wall.
- Squeezing your glutes and legs, lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible, with your knees over your ankles.
- Keep your body tight, exhale and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.
I look forward to sharing more with you and see you over on Instagram.