I am so excited every week when I write up these posts. I absolutely love reading and receiving various transformations from all over the world. This one is no exception.
May I introduce you to this amazing Kiwi girl Krysta!!!! You look phenomenal! Krysta has lost an entire person with her weight loss journey. It is like I am seeing two different people in front of me. Here is her story.
1. How old are you and please can you share your health and fitness journey to date?
I am 22 years old. I have lost 53 kgs since the beginning of my weight loss journey. I've now reached my goal weight and have maintained it for the last two years.
2. What types of foods did you used to eat as a kid and young adult? What's changed since then?
As a child I was a huge fan of sugary and fatty processed food. Although my Mum tried hard to cook me healthy well balanced meals I would snack a lot on junk food in large quantities. Since changing my lifestyle I no longer eat these foods. I love eating fresh clean foods. My diet contains a lot of fresh fruit and veges, whole grains and lean protein. Clean eating has become a huge passion to me and I love creating healthy clean versions of my favourite treats.
3. Do you play any sports or what sports do you like watching?
I don't play in any team sports but I keep myself active by running and lifting weights and really enjoy swimming in summer.
4. What are your interests, passion and what makes you smile?
Fitness is my new found passion it's what really makes me happy. Everyday I am striving to better myself and reach new goals. I love waking up each morning with determination and going to bed each night with satisfaction.
5. What was the catalyst that sparked your lifestyle change?
I am asked this question a lot and I struggle to answer it. I had been obese from the age of 8. A lot of people tried to help me lose weight, my Mum paid for me to have regular appointments with a dietician and personal trainer but I was not mentally ready for this change and could not give up the sweet foods for gym sessions. After several failed attempts at losing weight it's like something switched in my head and one day I thought I am sick of looking and feeling this way and I'm going to change it and from that day on I haven't looked back.
6. What are some of your dreams/goals you hope to achieve over the next 12 months?
- I would love to study in nutrition and dietetics and help others fight obesity.
- Lower body fat percentage/increase muscle mass.
- Train for half marathon.
7. What tips would you like to share with my readers about your transformation?
It is hard work, but nothing worth having comes easy and it will be worth it! Stick at it you can do it, don't let anyone tell you you can't! Surround yourself with positive supportive people. Anything is possible if you really want it!
* * *
For those that wish to follow this amazing girl Krysta, you can on Instagram @krystamclean. If you would like to submit your transformation pictures, please CLICK HERE. I can't wait to hear from you.
Much love & friendship,