Social media has opened so many doors to how we connect with people, making almost everything and anything accessible. Through instagram, I have connected with people all over the world and close to home, many of whom I now consider as friends. One such friend is the wonderful Keren Brown who I love and adore, especially her unique style and brand.
"Keren Brown the brand" design, manufacture and retail their own colourful, quirky textiles and homewares sold via their website and shop front in Brisbane. They have recently branched out to include products they love from other interiors and homeware brands. In June, a new store will open in Brisbane featuring not only their own collections but stunning interior, homewares, gifts and lifestyle products from around the globe. They plan to host "in store" lifestyle workshops teaching customers how to decorate with their signature products, however not all workshops will be interior based. They plan to host lifestyle lessons on health, styling, floristry, calligraphy, fashion – anything that creates inspiration that they can share with their customers.
KEREN BROWN' STYLING TIPS:
Don't be afraid of colour or to clash patterns. Mix old with new to create an individual space reflecting your own style and personality. Cushions are a cost effective way to update a room for minimal outlay – treat them like fashion and change them every season for a fresh look. Use layers of collected pieces and texture, it adds interest and depth to a room.
Keren Browns online textile sale started Monday 31st March – all of their textiles are 50% off – cushions $17.50 - $19.95, tablecloths from $25, Napkin sets $15.00 – crazy gorgeous things on offer. How divine and bright are these?
Keren Brown - The Brown Trading Co.
Fitness Food And Style Q&A with Keren Brown
1. What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy? I walk my gorgeous Golden Retriever Humphrey everyday. A year ago I started yoga and it's been amazing both mentally and physically. Every Tuesday we have our Yoga teacher Cate come to the office and run a lesson just for us – it's wonderful because if we have had a hard day we can do a gentle re-energising session. I've come a long way with yoga in a year!
2. Describe your dream meal - what could we expect to find on your plate?
3. Who’s your go to style icon - who have you always admired for their style, and why? Style icons – India Hicks – her classic timeless island style is impeccable. Everything from her health to her home is enviable. In fashion I'd say Cate Blanchett is all style and grace.
4. What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood? I was always a worrier as a child which isn't a good thing but I try very hard these days to manage my levels of worry – sometimes that's very difficult running your own business because everything ends with you!
5. Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why?
Can't leave the house without – my iphone – it carries my life in it, lipstick preferrably hot pink or red because a quick splash of colour makes all the difference, my Coach handbag which was a gift to myself last year and I use it every day.
Thanks so much Keren for stopping by, we love having you on Fitness Food And Style and hope to see you back here real soon. For those that wish to add some sophistication and sunny colour into their home, please leave your comments below (25 words or less) and tell me why you want a splash of Keren Brown in your home. One creative winner will receive a $100 gift voucher and announced via email on 16th April 2014. So make sure you are subscribed to my blog so I can email you.