The benefits of Olive Oils from Spain certified by Rafael Nadal
With my European background it’s no surprise I’m crazy about olive oil, it’s a main staple in my pantry. It’s often the first thing I reach for when I’m about to cook lunch or dinner and this is evident in the recipes I publish on here on DaniStevens.com and in my eBooks. Almost all of my salads feature olive oil, otherwise they wouldn’t be half as delicious without it. Olive oil gives that fresh taste and is a healthy option to enhance the texture, taste, aroma and dining experience of salads and cooking in general. The reason why I love the Olive oils from Spain is because the regions which they are produced in Southern Spain, offer the largest variety of oils globally and their flavours are very unique and distinct from their competitors. The oils are consistent in taste so you know what you’re buying is going to be of the highest quality. Not only are they number one in global production, trading and exporting but the taste is extraordinary! They are readily available and accessible globally so there are no excuses not to replicate my recipes without it.
Not only do I endorse the olive oils from Spain, it’s officially endorsed by former world number 1 tennis superstar, Rafael Nadal. This winning combination demonstrates a signature of good taste and quality. If you’re not aware of the amazing health benefits of olive oils, I am here to share it with you. Over the last 50 years, there have been countless studies looking at the impact of olive oils on our general health and wellbeing.
I urge you to consider the Olive oils from Spain for your kitchen as they are …….
- Extra virgin olive oils is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E.
- he PREDIMED study (prevention with the Mediterranean diet) indicates that people who follow a balanced diet enriched with extra virgin olive oils are known to have longer life expectancies and lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke.
- Studies have shown olive oils intake helps reduce inflammation, endothelial dysfunction (problems with the inner linings of blood vessels), thrombosis and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Extra virgin olive oils is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which is considered a healthy dietary fat, as opposed to saturated fats and trans fats.
Check out this lovely promo video with Nadal himself!
I have been cooking and using this delicious ingredient my entire life. I even remember my Mum using it in her meals growing up as a child. What I love about the Olive oils from Spain is that it can be used in a multitude of dishes from around the world. I’ll be sharing my Salmon and Papaya Salsa Salad video coming soon with Guy from Bondi Harvest but here’s the exclusive recipe for you, while we wait for the video editing expert!
3/4 cup peeled and chopped papaya 1/4 cup chopped yellow & red capsicum 1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onion 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint 1 tbsp rice-wine or white vinegar (don't really need it) 1 tbsp fresh lime juice 1 tsp grated fresh ginger 1 tsp seeded and minced jalapeño pepper Olive oil from Spain Salt & pepper 4 salmon steaks
- For salsa, combine all ingredients except the salmon in a small bowl. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Lightly coat grill or pan with olive oils.
- Salt and pepper salmon.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Top salmon with 1/4 cup salsa and serve with couscous or quinoa (we don't have to).
We have also enjoyed using the olive oil in the numerous #MeatlessMonday recipes our fave is our frittata. Our kids love it!
I had mine with a side serve of garden salad.
I’d love to hear from you – please let me know if you’ve made any of my recipes and whether it was a hit with your loved ones!
Your Everyday Fitness Food Motivator