My Mum is back from Serbia!!! Woo hoo!!!
|My Mum Mirjana and I Dec 2010|
I'm looking forward to the practise run for Run Ballarat this Saturday morning and in my mind I'm thinking of trying out the complete 12kms (7.45mi) circuit. See how I go....
Pineapple quinoa with milk
|I added the milk after I took this photo|
Natural greek yogurt with strawberries, sunflower, pumpkin and chia seeds
Chickpea curry on 2 toasted (wholegrain) sandwiches with tomatoes
We went to meet with a girlfriend (impromptu) at our local park for lunch so I quickly packed this for our kids...
1. Chicken and parmesan on white rye bread
2. Laughing cow cheese
3. Apple and cinnamon with freshly squeezed lemon juice
4. Muesli bars
5. Fruit and vegetable puree's for baby Zali
Spent the late afternoon with Celeste and her gorgeous kids so when we got home I had to whip up a super quick dish.
Dip with vegetables and crackers
|NB: I served mine on a bed of spinach while the rest of our family had wholemeal pasta|
1x packet of gourmet sausages
3 tomatoes or punnet of cherry tomatoes
bag of spinach
1 capsicum finely sliced
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1 tbs yogurt or low reduced sour cream
wholemeal pasta (optional)
1. Cut ends off sausage and gently squeeze small amounts of meat and gently fry in olive oil. Add any spices and herbs at this time, I used a Moroccan based spice with cumin and coriander.
2. Add sliced capsicums, spinach, chopped mushrooms and tomatoes
3. While pasta is cooking, use pasta water as part of your sauce and squeeze entire lemon followed by all the drained pasta
4. Add a tablespoon of yogurt (or fat reduced sour cream) to make a lovely cream based sauce
5. Taste and add S&P if required, garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese
Here's me cooking in the kitchen with our kids!!!
Mietta pulling her famous wink smile for the camera, while Zali (mini me) poses for the camera!
It's always busy in our kitchen with one or all of our 4 kids in the kitchen, I love it! I hope one day they enjoy cooking in the kitchen as much as I do!!!
Goodnight my friends and I look forward to meeting with you all again tomorrow.