Let's get juicing with Joe Cross
How's your Christmas countdown going? Can it be any more hectic? Well, sit back and let's take a break for a while, go grab yourself a cuppa and chillax with me. We have covered smoothie and cocktails this month, how about some juice inspo?
How much do you know about juicing?
I have been following juice extraordinaire Joe Cross for the past year, and also attended the premier of Overfed & Undernourished in Sydney earlier this year which he featured in. He is all about sharing his knowledge and weight loss journey especially after his global success of healthy living documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, the star and director Joe Cross is travelling the world to launch the sequel. He was in Bris Vegas last week and Melbourne yesterday to share his juicing techniques and his new approach on increasing fruit and vegetables in his daily diet. I love how he clearly expressed the difference between juicing and blending. You can read more about it here.
Following each other on twitter, Joe inspires me to keep on juicing! He takes 5 minutes with us today to share his fitness food and style ethos:
1. What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy? I just bought a pedometer and I am doing my best to walk 5 miles a day. This helps me to move but I also try to get at least 20 minutes of interval training - emphasis on the word “try". When I’m on tour its more difficult than when I’m at home in a routine. But the walking I can do no matter where I am.
2. Describe your dream meal - what could we expect to find on your plate? I had a dream meal once – it was about 10 years ago and it was off the far north Queensland coast of Australia. A buddy of mine and I went fishing and we caught some Mangrove Jack. They were a little over a foot long. We then cooked them on the beach and were lucky enough to find some local vegetables to make an awesome salad. So I think sitting on the beach with a fish we caught and a salad that was locally sourced... that was a dream meal.
3. Who’s your go to style icon - who have you always admired for their style, and why? Cary Grant. Growing up watching Cary Grant movies - be it North by NorthWest or To Catch a Thief, I always remembered the dark hair, the tan skin, the white shirt and the blue suit. Its pretty hard to top Cary Grant. And I was lucky enough to meet his daughter in New York a year or two back – and I was only too happy to share this thought with her.
4. What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood? As a kid, I used to wash my mum and dad/s car for pocket money. To tell you the truth I would have washed it for free because I really enjoyed washing the car. And even today I much rather wash my own car than someone wash it for me. There's something about being out in the yard with a hose and a sponge and spending 45 minutes listening to music while making something that’s dirty clean again.
5. Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why? 1. A pedometer because I am measuring my steps
2. A mobile phone because I'm usually talking to someone while I'm walking
3. And keys so I can get back in.
Juicing with Joe Cross
Our conversation doesn't stop here. Joe has even shared his famous "Mean Green Juice" recipe as a bonus for #teamdani.
BIG LOVE to Joe for taking time out to visit us here on DaniStevens.com and we look forward to seeing your sequel and more cool juice recipes very soon. So, what are you waiting for? Get your juice on!