5 Minutes with Tim Robards
This week we have the wonderful Tim Robards joining us who will also be at next months Fitness Expo in Sydney. You may recall seeing him on The Bachelor last year and check out the stunning babe he chose to be his girlfriend, Anna Heinrich. HOTNESS right there!
I was delighted to connect with Tim and the team at the Fitness Expo in the lead up to this amazing event. This is one event you do not want to miss!
Tim is an amazing athlete and likes doing body weight and calisthenics based exercises. He takes 5 minutes with us today to share his fitness, food and style tips:
What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy? I’m all about a balance in life and living your life to your full genetic potential. So I move in ways that are fun, challenging and combat our sedentary lifestyles and postures. I mix up running, swimming, yoga, outdoor calisthenics, body weight exercise and lifting large pieces of steel in the gym… as you do… I try and get as much spinal extension exercises and mobility in as I can to combat the flexion postures we set ourselves up with in the modern world.
Describe your dream meal - what could we expect to find on your plate? Although I generally eat quite a whole food, raw and fresh diet I think my dream meal would be a fresh seafood pasta dish with a glass of red overlooking the shores of Capri, Italy or something similar! I’m not crazy strict on my nutrition but I keep a very good balance between what my body needs and what it wants haha.
Who’s your go to style icon - who have you always admired for their style, and why? I always get the Eric Bana look alike award and I think he is a man of great style. Always looks sharp in a suit but can also tone it down and just be a real bloke outside of him being a big movie star.
What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood? I started going to the gym when I was 13 so I could gain some size and strength so I could play footy. That seems to have stuck!
My teachers would also always write ‘Tim is a quiet and conscientious student who always does his best when he applies himself". I’m still not the loudest guy in the room but have taken on bigger things and give them a good crack, expanding my comfort zone.
Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why?
- A pair of boardies… I need to jump in the ocean almost every day… something about the salt water!
- A couple of bucks for a coffee… love my morning coffee!
- A plan of attack for that day. Life is pretty busy these days and I love to have a to do list so I can get everything done that day before another day clocks over and you’re falling behind.
x 1 Polar Loop Activity Tracker
As a thank you to my #teamdani readers this week one of you have the chance to win a Polar activity wrist band! Simply tell me how this awesome gadget will enhance your fitness? Complete the form below and be as creative as you can be, as I will be picking the #teamdani winner!
- Entries will close on 25th September 2014, and the winners will be announced shortly thereafter.
- Tell me tell me how this awesome gadget will enhance your fitness? Include your IG and/or FB name beside your answer.
- The winner’s answer will be judged on most creative response.
- Please ensure you have subscribed here, as the winner will be notified by email. If the prize remains unclaimed for 72 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- Only one entry per person.
- Open to Australian residents only.
Leave me a comment below if you are Sydney based and would like to attend the Fitness Expo 18-19th October 2014.
Much love and friendship, XxDani