28 Day Break Thru Meal Planner
This is our final week on the Fernwood Fitness #28daybreakthru #fernwoodangels online program. It has been so wonderful not to have to think about what to eat or what's for dinner! Your meal planner and recipes simply land in your inbox and all you have to do is go shopping. It's pretty awesome. Here's a snapshot of my meals today:
Breakfast - Toasted Sandwiches
2 artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
30g baby spinach
1/2 tsp low fat cottage cheese
20g sundried tomatoes (drained)
thin slices wholemeal bread
1/2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Spread the sweet chilli sauce and cottage cheese on a slice of bread. Top with remaining ingredients and the other slice of bread. Place the sandwich in a toasted sandwich or grill and toast until golden brown. Serve.
Snack - Latte & Apple Bar
1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
12 g dried apple
10 g almonds
7 1/2 g protein powder
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 chopped walnuts
1. Place dates, walnuts, apples and almonds in a food processor and pulse until nuts and dates are in small chunks.
2. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
3. Place in the refrigerator and let cool. Once cooled serve and enjoy.
Lunch - Salmon Wraps
30g smoked salmon
3 medium asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
1 x 126g can corn kernels, rinsed
1 cup grated carrot
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tbs mashed avocado
1/4 medium lemon, peel shredded, juiced
2 small wholemeal pita wraps
1. Cook asparagus until crisp to tender then cool quickly in iced water.
2. In a bowl stir together shredded lemon peel, lemon juice and pepper. Add smoked salmon, corn kernels, carrot and basil and mix well.
3. Spread the mashed avocado onto the pita breads. Spoon the salmon mixture on top of the avocado.
4. Place the asparagus on top of the salmon mixture, wrap and serve.
Snack - Kiwi Fruit
Packed with more vitamin C than an equivalent amount of orange, the bright green flesh of the kiwifruit adds a tropical flair to any fruit salad
Dinner - Vegetable Chicken Stir Fry
30g skinless chicken breast
1/4 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup chopped green capsicum
45 g broccoli florets
1 cup chopped carrots
1/4 small brown onion, chopped
3/4 cup chopped snow peas
120 g cooked brown rice
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add onion. When browned add chicken and stir-fry.
2. Add snow peas, broccoli, carrot and capsicum and stir fry.
3. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and serve with brown rice.
* * *
How about you? How much would you pay per week or month if your meal planner and recipes was delivered to your inbox?