November #foodiephotoaday Challenge ending soon.... Come and enjoy these recipes!
Happy Thursday! Today I want to share my 2 most favourite #foodiephotoaday for this November Challenge.
Day 24: Smells delicious
This challenge was definitely one of the hardest as EVERYTHING ALWAYS SMELLS SO DELICIOUS!!!
This aromatic rice has a nutty flavour and I love to add pine nuts and dried fruit for that extra crunch and some sweetness. The ginger and turmeric aroma makes you feel like you are living in the Middle East.
Turmeric has amazing healing qualities such as anti-inflammatory and loaded with antioxidant properties. I love incorporating it into my dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!
I have chosen this very special simple but aromatic rice dish from the lovely people at The Roasted Root as it is quick, easy and super delicious! The aroma around my house whilst cooking this dish always brings the kids quickly around the table!
Ginger and Turmeric Aromatic Rice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Service: 3-4 people
1 cup basmati brown rice
1 tablespoon coconut oil or oil of choice
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
1 teaspoon turmeric, peeled and grated*
¾ teaspoon salt
2 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup pine nuts
- Pour the dry rice into a bowl and cover with cool water. Soak for 15 minutes, then drain.
- While rice is soaking, put on a kettle of water and bring to a full boil.
- Add the coconut oil, garlic, and ginger to a medium-sized pot and heat to medium. Sauté until very fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, turmeric and salt, and sauté an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water, reduce heat and simmer, covered until water is absorbed, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- A few minutes before rice is finished cooking, stir the fresh lemon juice and dried cranberries into the rice. Re-place the cover and continue to cook.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and pine nuts alongside your favourite main dish.
Day 25: Breakfast
My Very Berry Smoothie Bowls have been a hit in my 30 Days Fitness and Food eBook
All you need is some berries, nuts and muesli and any extra bits you have in your pantry for your own special twist and voilá!!!! You have one healthy bowl of YUMMY!
For the full recipe and more, grab your copy of my 30 Days Fitness and Food eBook for only $9.95!
I hope you enjoy these special dishes and I look forward to sharing Day 26 with you tomorrow as its all about Protein!
Have an awesome day!