Vegan Cheesy Nacho Sauce and Bean Mix
Always a pleasure creating recipes for my friends at Macro available only at Woolsworths. It's been such a fabulous 6 months and our family have enjoyed all these delicious recipes I have been able to create.
Cheesy Nacho Sauce
5 tbsps Woolworths Free From Gluten Plain Flour
4 cups plant based milk of choice (I use soy)
1/2 cup Macro Nutritional Yeast Flakes
6 tbsp vegan butter or Macro Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter or oil in a saucepan and allow to bubble before sprinkling in flour.
- Stir continuously as the flour begins to cook and change colour, add the milk slowly and stir vigorously to avoid any lumps.
- Continue to stir until the sauce begins to thicken. If too thick add more milk.
- Stir in the mustard, onion powder and nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper.
Tip: I love using this sauce as a base with other vegetables such as adding cooked mushrooms for a delicious mushroom sauce.
Nacho 3 Bean Mix
1 Macro Organic Onion, finely chopped
2 cloves Macro Organic Garlic, crushed
4 cans of Macro Certified Organic Mexican Style 3 Bean Mix
1 bottle of Macro Certified Organic Passata Sauce
1 tbsp of mixed cumin, chilli, paprika and garlic powder
Salt and pepper
Drizzle of olive oil
- Sauté onions and garlic in fry pan with olive oil until soft.
- Sprinkle Mexican spices and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to the frypan with passata sauce.
- Cook until all flavours marry together.
- Enjoy! Time to pimp your nachos, tacos or burritos!
Tip: This is such a versatile Mexican bean sauce. Add your favourite fresh veggies for some extra nutritional value such as corn, cherry tomatoes, avocados and capsicums.
I hope you and your family enjoy making these!