Sweet Potato cheesecake
What a dream come true. A vegetable that can do so many savoury and sweet recipes. Our kids are loving it!
Working with my Australian Sweet Potatoes family has been so exciting. You would’ve seen me recently at one of our local Cudgen farms filming the next video of this incredible vegetable. I learnt so much from paddock to plate and it was great sharing how this incredible family have kept their sweet potato farming business in their family for decades.
We all know consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds has long been associated with a reduced risk of many adverse health conditions. Here are just a few health benefits to introduce this special sweet potato to your plate.
- Sweet potatoes may help maintain a healthy blood pressure and protect against cancer.
- The high fibre content of sweet potatoes helps prevent constipation.
- One medium, baked sweet potato with skin contains just 103 calories.
- The fastest way to prepare a sweet potato is in the microwave.
- Although there is much confusion, sweet potatoes are not related to yams.
I hope you enjoy this sweet treat as it was simply delicious and no one knew sweet potato was the hero ingredient of this cake.
- 1 1/2 cup Almonds (or vegan biscuits)
- 3/4 cup pitted dates (or vegan margarine)
- 3 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 4-5 sweet potatoes (or 3 very large ones, alternatively 4 cups of sweet potato puree)
- Place crust ingredients into a food processor until all the almonds are crushed and there is a gooey sticky crunchy mixture.
- Press the mixture in a 25cm (9 inch) springform pan.
- Combine cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, agave nectar, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger. Blend all these delicious ingredients until you have a very creamy golden orange texture. May take up to 5 mins or until you feel the filling is slightly warm.
- Place cream cheese mixture in mixing bowl.
- Roast sweet potatoes for about an hour, until they are fork tender.
- Peel, slice potatoes, then add to food processor and blend down until smooth consistency.
- Add sweet potato puree to cashew cream mixture and fold in sweet potatoes until everything is orange/creamy.
- Pour mixture over crust and freeze for 3 or more hours.
- Top w/ almonds or dust some cinnamon and decorate with edible flowers
NB: Keep Recipes was the inspo behind this recipe.
Please tag me #ds365 next time you #superswap and make any Australian Sweet Potatoes recipes.
We are having so much fun creating amazing recipes and can’t wait to share more soon.
365 Lifestyle Motivator