How To Make Vegan Sour Cream
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! That's what the girls said when we were making this sour cream substitute the other day. We love it on our nachos, salads and of course our classic Vegan Cheese Pie.
Vegan Sour Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews (or soak for at least 4 hours if you do not have a high-powered blender)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup water
- Place all your ingredients in the blender on high (if you have soaked your cashews rinse thoroughly) and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- If it's too thick, add some water and scrape down the mixture into the centre and have a taste and add either extra salt or lemon juice.
That's it!!! Super simple and quick for those nights when you need a little creamy goodness in your life. Otherwise it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days and if it thickens up, simply whisk in a little water before serving.