Vegan Wagon Wheels
When I come across these epic recipes I've gotta share them with you.
These are from the Move Nourish and Believe team so thanks in advance! These look AMAZING.
Vegan Wagon Wheels
- ¾ cup rice flour (110gr)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda (natron)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (25gr)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (80ml)
- ½ cup almond butter (100gr)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp tap water or more if needed
- 1½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- coconut cream from 1 can of coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 oz. dairy-free dark chocolate (150gr)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- For the cookies, combine the rice flour with baking powder, baking soda and cacao powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla and sea salt.
- Add the bowl with the liquid ingredients to the other bowl with the dry ingredients. Add water and stir until well combined.
- Put the dough in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 345F (175°)
- Once the dough is slightly firm, form little balls with your hand and place them on a lined baking sheet. Make your fingers wet with water and press them down until you have a little disc shape.
- The cookies can be close to each other as they will not raise significantly.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes and then let cool down.
- For the chia jam, in a small pan, heat all ingredients on medium heat for 5 minutes and the let sit for another 5 minutes.
- For the coconut cream, whip the upper part of the coconut milk with the maple syrup and put into a piping bag.
- Layer the cookies and make a cookie dough sandwich with 2 cookies, a coconut and a raspberry jam layer.
- Freeze the cookie sandwiches for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl on low heat, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil and the coat the cookie sandwiches.
Perfect timing for the school holidays. We can't wait to make these!!! Thanks Lorna Jane and MNB team!
If you miss out on any of our daily stories you can subscribe and watch them all on our YouTube channel.
This is what happened over the weekend.....
Come follow me and our daily stories over on Instagram and what we are up to everyday. I need people like you in my life.
365 Lifestyle Motivator