A Rawesome Chocolate Cherry Christmas Mud Cake
I love it when I meet people over on Instagram especially when I come across their amazing recipes. This dish is no exception. I asked the beautiful Mikhaela Antoon from Rawly to create an awesome Christmas mud cake for us and she did not disappoint.
Introducing the epic, decadent, no added refined sugar, raw, vegan, gluten, dairy and egg free.....
Chocolate Cherry Mud Cake
2 cups raw almonds or 1 cup almonds 1/12 cups walnuts
2 cups desiccated coconut
2 large beetroots grated finely
¾ cup raw cacao powder
1 cup of medjool dates, pitted
1 tbs vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
3 cups of cherries, pitted
1 cup medjool dates, pitted
2 tbs rice malt syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups coconut cream
1 cup cashews (soaked for 3+ hours or overnight)
1 cup cacao powder
3 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs vanilla powder
Pinch of salt
1. Place all cherry jam ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and smooth. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Place all almonds, coconut, dates, cacao powder and vanilla into the food processor and process until well combined. Add the grated beetroot and process further until a smooth mix is formed. In a pan, place half the mixture in and press firmly into the pan. Pour half the mixture of the cherry jam on top of this layer and even it out. Set in the freezer.
3. Place all frosting ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until a smooth consistency is formed. Pour half of the frosting over the cake, spreading it evenly. Place bake in the freezer.
4. Repeat the end of step 2 with the remaining mud cake mixture, cherry jam. Place back into the freezer for 1-2 hours.
5. Remove cake from tin and decorate with the remaining frosting, raw chocolate, fresh cherries, coconut or whatever you please. Place back into the refrigerator until ready to be devoured.
How gorgeous is Mikhaela???? THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't wait to make this.
ABOUT MIKHAELA ANTOON
"Hi, I am 20 years old and the owner of Rawly. I remember finishing high school with the ultimate goal of going to university and studying medicine. Yep, I know it sounds too good to be true. It wasn’t until the end of my first year that I felt I was lacking something, my heart just wasn’t there and thought maybe I wasn’t doing it for myself but rather the thought of pleasing others on what their expectations of me were. So I took action and differed my course and took 1 year off. In that time period I was constantly playing around with making raw desserts. I would get excited about re-creating unhealthy treats and feeding healthier versions to my family and friends. It wasn’t until then that I that I knew that’s exactly where my passion laid, o from that day I simply started my business, Rawly and wouldn’t be here today without the support from my family, friends and loyal customers for all the feedback I’ve received.
For as long as I can remember I’ve had a passion for health and fitness so by being able to offer healthy, wholesome and nutrient dense treats to individuals is what makes me jump up and down. Knowing that I’m able to provide individuals with wholesome treats that are full or REAL ingredients, whilst providing their bodies with loads of nutrients is what drives me to continue doing what I do. After turning vegan myself I struggled finding options at cafes and shops which was also and still is a driving point in my business."
Happy baking (not really) thank you so much Mikhaela for taking time to share your amazing recipes and for being totally being rawesome at what you do. You are such a talent.
For more delicious recipes you can order directly from Mikhaela on her Instagram page.
365 Lifestyle Motivator