My Favourite Vegan Chocolate Easter Recipes
Every year I’m blown away by various ways I can treat our kids with nutritional Easter egg treats and this year is no exception.
Let me introduce you to my two favourite Samantha’s! One’s based in Melbourne Australia and the other ex-Melbourne but living the dream with her family in the gorgeous land of Greece.
They have created these delicious recipes that I cannot wait to make for Easter Sunday.
Which one is your favourite?
- 400g dark baking chocolate, broken into squares
- 1Tbsp peanut butter, crunchy or smooth - omit for nut allergies or if not desired
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 1/2 cups rice bubble cereal
- Mini cupcake cases
- Line a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake cases. Alternatively, arrange mini cupcake cases on a baking tray or board. Set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add dark chocolate to the bowl and gently melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, stir through peanut butter until well combined and melted through. Remove from heat.
- Stir through coconut.
- Gradually add rice bubbles, stirring well after each addition to coat well.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cases, filling them up high! Or to desired size.
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until completely set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Follow Sam from Wholesome Patisserie for more incredible recipes.
Vegan Easter Eggs
Easter isn’t the same without a small vegan Easter egg, right? These healthy alternatives are totally gluten-free, dairy-free and 100% vegan! No more searching for the perfect vegan egg!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2Tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp ground coffee beans
- 7-8 dates pitted
- pinch sea salt flakes
- 200 grams dark vegan chocolate
- 1 zest of lime
- 1 zest of orange
- 3Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
In a small bowl soak the medjool dates with hot water for approximately 5 minutes.
Into a food processor place the walnuts and almond meal. Pulse a few times until it resembles “wet sand”.
Add in the cacao powder and ground coffee. Pulse again a few times, until just blended. It will resemble brownish sand!
Next, add the medjool dates and sea salt. Pulse until the mixture turns into a dough consistency and starts riding the “S” blade. (The medjool dates have absorbed water and will give the mixture the right amount of liquid and sweetness).
Take 1 Tablespoon of dough and roll into an oblong or “egg” shape between your palms. Place onto a plate. Repeat. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes or refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill. For best results, place in the fridge overnight.
Get to mixing bowls the of the same size. Fill the lower bowl with a small amount of boiling water. Place the other bowl into the bowl with boiling water. The top bowl (will have the chocolate in it) shouldn’t touch the hot water. Stir frequently until the chocolate is just melted and dip away.
Use your favourite toppings to decorate with. Have fun!
Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family from all of us.
365 Lifestyle Motivator